Home / Blog
Fish Oil Capsules – Do they Really Help Improve Heart Health?
There are diets and there are supplements. And with the onset of this pandemic, people have become more health-conscious, causing a switch to healthy eating. Knowing what (and how much) nutrition you need can help you attain a better shape. For example, vitamin B12 is for those who get tired easily, iron for easy bruises, and so on. Similarly, for people with heart-related issues, fish oil capsules have proved their reign over time.
What’s the Hype About Omega 3 Fatty Acid Capsules?
The fish oil is known to have a good concentration of essential omega-3 fatty acids. These polyunsaturated fats bring all those cardiovascular health benefits with them. There are three types of these fatty acids your body needs.
- ALA (Alpha-linolenic Acid)
- EPA (Eicosapentaenoic Acid)
- DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid)
Out of the three, ALA is an essential fatty acid that you can get from plant oils such as soybean, canola, and flaxseed oils. The other two are found only in fish like tuna and salmon. So, when you are buying omega 3 fatty acid capsules, you are most likely getting the supplements obtained from those fishes.
Salmon Fish Oil Capsules and Heart Health
As beautiful as it looks, salmon fish carries many essential nutrients underneath. Moreover, the fish gets its beautiful appearance from its diet, primarily consisting of the astaxanthin concentration, shrimps, and krill. Thus, consuming salmon oil capsules brings numerous health benefits, most popularly known for heart health as discussed below:
- Lowering Triglyceride Levels: Do you know triglycerides can cause stroke or heart attack? Yes! Being a fat type, triglycerides get accumulated as body fat. And when this fatty build-up starts covering the artery walls, risks of stroke and heart attack increase.
- Reducing Arrhythmia Risks: Arrhythmia is a condition of abnormal heartbeats that can be harmless until it’s the AFib (Atrial Fibrillation). While this can be a cause of several heart diseases, fish oil supplements are known to reduce the risk.
- Slowing Plaque’s Build-up Rate: With calcium, cholesterol, and fat as its primary contents, plaque can stop the flow of oxygen-rich blood across the body. Besides, blocked arteries can also cause serious heart problems. However, anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant effects of omega-3 enhance the blood vessel lining’s (endothelial cells) functioning, improving overall health.
- Lowering Blood Pressure: Higher omega 3 doses have shown a reduction in systolic and diastolic blood pressures. This prevents chances of stroke and heart attack due to a high BP condition.
How to Add Fatty Oil Supplements to Diet?
As mentioned earlier, many oils and foods based on plants also contain omega-3s. You can get the essential fatty acids from walnuts, soybeans, soy oil, tofu, canola oil, chia seeds, ground flaxseeds, and flaxseed oil. If you are a fish lover, you can add fishes like tuna, salmon, herring, sardines, and mackerel to your diet.
There’s an easy way to get those nutrients. You can opt for supplements from a reputed brand like Nirvasa Salmon Fish Oil Capsules for regular consumption.
The Bottom Line
Adding the best omega 3 capsules to your diet can help improve health. The presence of fatty acids, anti-inflammatory properties, oxidants, vitamins, and other nutrients make them worthy enough. However, that’s not the only thing you should rely on. For complete heart and body health, you should also include other activities like exercise, a nutritional diet, and regular check-ups.
June 15, 2021