Home / Blog
Maca Root – The Lesser Known Superfood
When you think of a super food, probably you never think of Maca Root. Why? It is because in India, we have various other popular super foods, which are traditionally known for their health benefits. Maca root on the other hand originates from Peru and has only gained popularity in our part of the world in recent years, yet not to that extent where everyone recognizes it. However, when it comes to providing nutrition, it is rich in various vitamins and minerals, particularly vitamin C, iron, and copper. Although people have been trying to use it in powder form as an ingredient in smoothies, salads, soups, etc. however, maca root capsules have emerged to be the easiest way of its intake.
But what makes maca root a super food? Here are the benefits that enlist it in the super food category:
- Maca is Highly Nutritious: Maca root is highly nutritious being rich in carbs, protein, fiber, fat, vitamin C, calcium, copper, iron, potassium, vitamin B6, manganese, and more. Regular intake of maca root capsules helps fulfilling nutritional requirements of the body.
- Improves Libido in Men & Women: Aging, stress, nutritional deficiencies, and other factors lead to lower drive in various adults. Maca root supplementation helps improving libido in both men and women and also helps reducing menopausal symptoms. In fact, various studies testify to this benefit of maca root.
- Carries Psychological Benefits: Maca root is known to have compounds called flavonoids, which help enhancing mood and reduce symptoms of anxiety and depression. It also improves the ability of learning and memory.
- Good for Bodybuilders & Athletes: If you are a bodybuilder, a sportsperson or an athlete, supplementing with maca root capsules can put you in a win-win situation. Maca root has been known to boost energy, improve workout performance, build muscle, and improve strength.
- Good for Prostate Health in Men: The prostate is a gland found in men, which surrounds the tube through which urine is expelled from the body. Prostate enlargement is very common in aging men and it can cause issues with passing of urine and others related to physical health. Maca root can help reducing prostate size and also avoid the risk of prostate cancer in men.
- May Help Balancing Hormone Levels: Hormones are not just related to reproductive health. Hormones play an important role in other body processes such as regulating metabolism, cognitive functions, regulating mood, hunger and thirst. Maca root carries adaptogenic properties, which supports normal hormone production.
- Reduces Blood Pressure: The rich potassium content in maca root helps counteracting sodium, which helps reducing blood pressure and provides protection against heart diseases.
Maca root is a massive storehouse of nutrition and carries antioxidant properties, adaptogenic properties, and aphrodisiac properties. All of it in one food makes it the real super food, everyone should take. You can add it in powder form as an ingredient in various foods or go the easy way to take Nirvasa Maca Root Capsules. In any way, your health is going to win when you include maca root in your diet.
July 1, 2021