Home / Blog
Want to Start Bodybuilding? Give it an Effective Start with these Tips
If you have decided to improve the way you look and carry your body, congratulations, you have taken an important first step towards a fitter lifestyle! Bodybuilding is a great choice. It helps you strengthen, tone, and stabilize your body. You become able to flaunt a stout frame and your looks definitely improve. But bodybuilding is challenging and tricky. It not only calls for appropriate nutritional intake but also demands you to follow techniques, which are right. For instance, many people go wrong on their protein intake, try too hard to train themselves, don’t change their unhealthy habits, etc. And the debate for making a choice between plant protein and animal protein is always on. Our take is to simply get a box of plant protein powder as it is more beneficial for your body in the long run.
Next, here are some tips that will help you give an effective start to your bodybuilding journey:
- Stick to the Basics: The modern gyms are well-equipped with high-tech machines and fancy weightlifting equipment. However, as a beginner you have got to stick to the basics. When it comes to building muscle mass, dumbbells and barbells turn out to be the best companions. They give the body an all-around motion, which might not be possible with machines upfront.
- Target all Muscle Groups: You might be tempted to lift heavy weights and turn out to be a muscle tank within a month. But that’s not the right approach. There are exercises like squats, deadlift, barbell bench press, shoulder press, and more which target multiple muscle groups, which help giving your body a solid foundation.
- Raise Your Protein Intake: Protein forms the major building blocks of muscles. So, when you are working out, you need more of it to feed your muscles. For best results, experts recommend at least 1 gram of protein per kg of your body weight per day for consumption. However, consuming all of it through food becomes difficult. Thus, you need to add plant protein powder in your daily routine. Make a pre, post or intra workout drink with your plant protein powder. This will not only help you gain muscle but also keep you fully charged up while working out.
- Don’t Over Workout: As a beginner, you need to be cautious with your workout routine. You can’t just hit the 10th step up front. So, your routine should have 3 or 4 workouts per week. If you train more often than that, you are likely to face muscle strain and injuries. A bodybuilding workout means you are tearing your muscle fibers, which need to recover. Rest and plant protein intake will allow them to recover and stay healthy.
- Fuel Your Body More Often: Bodybuilding requires you to eat more often. It is because when you work out, your muscles need a constant source of fuel to build, which comes from food. Therefore, it is recommended to take multiple meals during the day, especially get something healthy to eat every 3 to 4 hours. Also, it is crucial to avoid junk food.
You can give your bodybuilding routine a humble start, focusing on techniques and steps which are crucial. Just like the intake and choice of plant protein powder. Do check out Nirvasa Plant Protein Powder for sustained benefits. And remember, a steady start to bodybuilding will build a strong foundation for your body in the years to come.
July 19, 2021