Treatment Case Study for
Meet Satyam, a 43-year-old married man of 80 kg and a BMI of 25.3. He had been extremely upset and stressed with his gut health issues which he had been suffering for 1.2 years. He frequently used to have food cravings for junk and unhealthy foods. Due to moderate exercise and unhealthy eating habits, Satyam used to experience frequent belching, bloating and heartburn. His irregular bowel movements and abdominal pain and discomfort made him realise that he needs a piece of expert advice. After a doctor consultation from Nirvasa, he got suggested an effective gut health treatment plan of 9 months. He was advised to have gut-healing supplements, make necessary dietary alterations and commence with stress-relieving techniques. Satyam is energetic, completely confident, and stress-free not only in his personal as well as professional life too.
- Activity Level: Moderately Active
- Smoking Habits: Non-smoker
- Alcohol Consumption: Occasional social drinking
- Sleep Cycle: 6-7 hours per night
- Stress Level: High
- Water Intake: 4-6 glasses per day
- Caffeine Intake: 3 caffeinated drinks per day
- Eating Habits: Frequently eats junk food, struggles with portion control
- Experiences frequent belching, bloating, and heartburn
- Struggles with irregular bowel movements
- Stools are frequently light-coloured and foul-smelling
- Often experiences abdominal pain and discomfort
- The doctor suggested a comprehensive gut health treatment plan keeping in mind Satyam’s medical history, dietary habits and lifestyle choices.
- The treatment plan suggested by the doctor consisted of gut healing supplements, dietary modifications and stress-reducing techniques.
- Satyam understood the plan and started following it to the T. He adopted a whole foods-based diet, included gut healing supplements and prioritised sleeping.
- After six months of following the treatment, Satyam came across a significant improvement in his gut health as there was minimal bloating and heartburn. Even his abdominal pain and discomfort also reduced.
- By the end of the treatment i.e. nine months, Satyam reported positive results in his gut health. He was extremely comfortable, abdominal pain had completely vanished, and just a few digestive issues were left but energy levels had significantly increased.
I had no idea why home remedies or self-medication were not able to cure my gut issues. I was scared of the treatment as all these treatments and therapies come with a stigma - ‘what people might think’. But once I started following it, I started experiencing positive results. Now I have realised that doctor consultations and follow-ups can do wonders.