Treatment Case Study for
Suffering for more than a year from PCOD, a married woman of 43 years with a 75 kg weight and 26.7 BMI was not happy with her menstruation. He used to think that whatever she is suffering from is hereditary or due to excess weight. Her period cycles were irregular, started experiencing excessive hair growth on her face and back, very frequent mood swings and even her skin was getting darker in her neck, armpits, and chest area. She reached out to Nirvasa and filled out the self-assessment form to consult with a professional doctor. On account of her medical history, lifestyle habits and diet practices, the doctor assessed her case, diagnosed PCOD or polycystic ovarian syndrome and suggested a customized weight management treatment plan. During the journey, she was told to follow a healthy diet, work out for at least 30 minutes, avoid eating junk food, and drink enough water. After following all the exhortations, she is now happy in her married life with increased confidence levels and her ability to conceive a child.
- Activity Level: Moderately Active
- Smoking Habits: Non-smoker
- Alcohol Consumption: Rarely drinks alcohol
- Sleep Cycle: 7-8 hours per night
- Stress Level: Moderate
- Eating Habits: Most of the time eats junk food, has difficulty controlling portion sizes (Overeating), regularly consumes sugary beverages
- Water Intake: Less than 4 glasses a day
- Caffeine Intake: 3 caffeinated drinks per day
- Energy Levels: Low in energy or often fatigue
- Calorie Intake: Consume high-calorie or unhealthy foods regularly
- Gut Health: Frequently feel acidity, burping, gas and bloating, heartburn, and constipation
- Frequently experience irregular menstrual cycles
- Have excessive hair growth on face/chest/back
- Experiencing difficulties in conceiving and getting pregnant
- Darkening of the skin around the neck or armpits, difficulty in losing weight or maintaining a healthy weight
- Experience persistent mood swings/anxiety/depression
- The doctor evaluated the case and prepared a customised weight management treatment plan, emphasising supplements, dietary changes and lifestyle habits modifications to support the patient’s goal of managing weight and balancing hormones.
- The patient noticed slight improvement by following the suggested regimen, which included consuming a nutritious and balanced diet with carbohydrates, fibres, proteins and even fats. It even included necessary supplements and working out for at least 45 minutes.
- After three months, the patient reported significant improvement in her menstrual cycles and experienced a significant weight loss of 5kg. Her skin started lightening in the neck and armpit area.
- In the sixth month of her treatment duration, the patient touched her weight loss goal of 64kg and noticed a great improvement in hormonal balance. Now she is confident, healthy and fit.
It has been a roller coaster ride for me throughout the journey. I have faced various hardships while maintaining and following the prescribed treatment plan. But with the help of doctors and wellness coaches from Nirvasa, I wouldn’t have achieved my goal. One thing I have learned is that doctor consultations and regular follow-ups go a long way when it comes to weight loss.