Treatment Case Study for
A 31-year-old woman in a married relationship of 80 kg and 30.7 BMI was not happy with her life. Her habit of unhealthy eating i.e. junk food, and zero exercise forced her to reach obesity. She was suffering from irregular period cycles, and excessive hair growth on her face, used to experience frequent mood swings and anxiety and had difficulties during sexual activities. Due to extreme stress because of all these issues, she opted to consult a professional doctor of Nirvasa. On the basis of her self-assessment form, the doctor took the liberty to assess her medical history, lifestyle habits and dietary practices. She followed the weight management treatment plan suggested by the doctor and now she is fit and healthy, and her health issues have drastically improved.
- Activity Level: Moderately Active
- Smoking Habits: Non-smoker
- Alcohol Consumption: Rarely drinks alcohol
- Sleep Cycle: 7-8 hours per night
- Stress Level: Moderate
- Eating Habits: Most of the time eats junk and street food
- Water Intake: Less than 4 glasses a day
- Caffeine Intake: 3 caffeinated drinks per day
- Energy Levels: Low in energy or often fatigue
- Calorie Intake: Consume high-calorie or unhealthy foods regularly
- Gut Health: Burping and bloating
- Frequently experience irregular period cycles
- Have excessive hair growth on face and chest
- Experience very frequent mood swings/anxiety/depression
- Experienced difficulties in conceiving and getting pregnant
- Due to her irregular menstrual cycles and additional issues, the patient reached out to a professional doctor who suggested a customised weight management treatment plan.
- As the goal was to shed those extra kilos and eliminate obesity, the doctor designed the plan in such a manner that it included not only necessary supplements and medicines but also mandatory dietary and lifestyle alterations.
- The patient followed the treatment with full honesty and in about three months, she started noticing positive results. She focused on her diet, worked out for at least 30 minutes and drank 7-8 glasses of water.
- By the end of six months, the doctor examined her progress and realised that her diet plan needs some further alterations to boost the weight loss process and improve her PCOD.
- After nine months of her treatment, the patient reported significant improvement in her PCOD issues and achieved her weight loss goal of 63kg. She experienced improved menstrual cycles, reduced stress and anxiety, and improved energy levels.
I realised that maintaining a healthy and nutritious lifestyle can transform your lifestyle into a better one. With the right dietary choices to balance hormones and being regular in physical activities, one can definitely manage her PCOD issue and embrace a healthy lifestyle.