Treatment Case Study for
For, over a year a 29-year-old married girl weighed 65 kg with a BMI of 26.2. She experienced dissatisfaction with her cycle due to PCOD. Her periods were irregular, accompanied by back hair growth, frequent mood swings and darkening of the skin around her neck and armpits. Seeking help, she reached out to Nirvasa. Based on her medical history and lifestyle habits, the doctor diagnosed her with PCOD and recommended a personalized weight management treatment plan. She was advised to adopt a diet routine and engage in at least 30 minutes of regular exercise. By following all these recommendations she has now found happiness in her life along, with increased confidence levels and improved chances of conceiving a child.
- Activity Level: Moderately Active
- Smoking Habits: Occasional smoking
- Alcohol Consumption: Occasionally drinks alcohol
- Sleep Cycle: 7-8 hours per night
- Stress Level: Moderate
- Eating Habits: Most of the time eats junk food and regularly consumes sugary beverages
- Water Intake: Less than 4 glasses a day
- Caffeine Intake: 2 caffeinated drinks per day
- Energy Levels: Low in energy or often fatigue
- Occasionally goes through irregular period cycles
- Experiencing hair growth on chest and back
- Frequent mood swings, anxiety or depression
- Experiencing difficulties in conceiving and getting pregnant
- Acne breakouts on the face, chest and back, difficulty in losing weight
- The doctor addressed the profile of the patient and diagnosed PCOD. One the basis of her lifestyle habits, diet and medical history, the doctor designed a customised weight management treatment plan and included a few diet and lifestyle relations modifications.
- The patient needed to balance her hormones for which the doctor prescribed effective medicines and supplements. In the initial month, the patient couldn’t see any results in her gut health nor in her overall health. However, her body weight reduced by 4kg.
- Besides following the diet, the doctor even recommended the patient to start with workout like cardio or aerobics which she did. In second month, the patient was doing regular physical activity and she saw good improvements in her period cycles and gut health. She was avoiding junk food due to which her weight reduced by 7kg in total.
- After three months of the treatment, the patient achieved her goal of weight loss i.e. 54kg and experienced noticeable improvement in menstrual cycles, reduction in unstable mood swings and back hair growth. The patient felt more confident and healthy to maintain her new lifestyle.
Thanks to Nirvasa, I understood that a balanced diet and lifestyle alterations can help in managing PCOS/PCOD and achieving weight management goals. This weight loss journey has taught me the importance of choosing nutrient-dense foods and staying physically active.