Treatment Case Study for
Cheers to Neha, a 34-year-old married woman who was suffering from an underactive thyroid or Hypothyroidism for the past 1.5 years. She was never hyperactive and didn’t use to exercise much. The moment she started facing health issues like the sensation of tickling, tingling or burning without apparent cause and more, she reached out to Nirvasa and filled out the self-assessment form right away. On the basis of her medical history and lifestyle habits, the doctor evaluated her profile and diagnosed Hypothyroidism. She got suggested a weight management plan customised as per her goals by the doctor. Now, after completing six months of treatment, her thyroid is under control and her weight has come down to 68kg.
- Activity Level: Moderately Active
- Smoking Habits: Non-smoker
- Alcohol Consumption: Rarely drinks alcohol
- Sleep Cycle: 7-8 hours per night
- Stress Level: Moderate
- Eating Habits: Consume high-calorie or unhealthy foods regularly, difficulty controlling portion sizes (Overeating)
- Water Intake: Less than 4 glasses a day
- Caffeine Intake: 3 caffeinated drinks per day
- Energy Levels: Low in energy or often fatigue
- Gut Health: Frequently feel acidity, burping, gas, heartburn and constipation
- Sweat very little even on hot days
- Usually have the sensation of tingling, tickling, or burning without apparent cause
- Often suffer from constipation or digestion problems
- Gained weight for no apparent reason
- Noticed puffiness on the face
- Hands and feet are often cold
- The doctor went through the self-assessment form filled out by Neha and curated a personalised weight management treatment plan including a few lifestyle changes and dietary modifications.
- Neha had to restrict the consumption of sugar beverages and limit her portions to shed those extra kilos. The doctor prescribed some weight-reducing supplements and those which could help with thyroid function.
- In the initial two months, Neha saw a drastic decrease in her weight. Following a nutritious diet and working out for at least 30 minutes, Neha lost around 6kg. She even saw a significant increase in her energy levels and stamina.
- After four months, the doctor made slight changes in her treatment plan as her weight loss speed decreased and was facing some digestion issues. Once Neha started to follow the altered plan, her digestive system improved and at the end of the four months, she reduced another 4kg.
- By the end of the treatment, Neha was able to notice a fantastic decline in her body weight, elevated thyroid function, and improved digestion. She reported feeling healthier, fitter, stronger, more energetic and inspired to work more on her diet and workout to stay healthy.
Thanks to Nirvasa for understanding me, supporting me and providing me with whatever I need to improve my thyroid condition. Now I feel quite energetic and motivated to maintain my diet, my lifestyle, my weight and overall well-being.