Treatment Case Study for
Weight Gain - Underweight
A boy named Rohit 22 years with a BMI of 17.4 had been underweight since his birth. He had tried multiple self-medications and home remedies like changes in diet, strength training, and increasing calories by eating all kinds of junk. When he lost hope to gain weight, he saw Nirvasa while surfing the internet. After an in-depth evaluation of the self-assessment form by the certified pro-nutritionists, he got diagnosed with underweight. With the free doctor consultation, he got suggested a personalized weight management treatment plan of 6 months to help improve his energy and calorie intake. He noticed positive changes in his weight and now he is at the right weight and completely fit and healthy.
- Activity Level: Moderately Active
- Smoking Habits: Non-smoker
- Alcohol Consumption: Rarely drinks alcohol
- Sleep Cycle: 7-8 hours per night
- Stress Level: Moderate
- Eating Habits: Most of the time eats junk food
- Water Intake: Less than 4 glasses a day
- Energy Levels: Low in energy or often fatigue
- Have a high-calorie intake but struggle to gain weight
- Usually skip meals, have a small appetite, and struggle to eat large quantities of food
- Find it hard to build muscle mass despite exercise and strength training
- Have a naturally thin or lean body type that makes it challenging to gain weight
- Experiencing hair thinning or hair loss on the scalp
- 3 caffeinated drinks per day
- Often experience food cravings
- Frequently feel acidity, burping, gas and bloating
- The doctor assessed Rohit’s case and came to the conclusion that he possesses a naturally thin and lean body which is difficult to gain muscle mass.
- Rohit got suggested a personalised weight management treatment plan of six months which included dietary and lifestyle adjustments, along with effective weight gain supplements and workout regimen.
- In the first two months, Rohit was just following the diet and workout given by the doctor and he noticed a slight improvement in his body weight. He gained weight of about 4kg.
- After four months, Rohit reported fantastic improvements in his body weight and even an increase in food portions and appetite. The wellness coach made some modifications to his diet and workout regimen after one of Rohit’s regular follow-ups.
- By the end of the treatment i.e. six months, Rohit’s skin quality, hair quality and body weight everything drastically transformed. He could sense a significant enhancement in his hair quality and there were no scalp issues, the skin became smoother and shinier due to a well-balanced diet and his body increased to about 65kg.
There is nothing more satisfying than looking at your better, fitter self. I wasn’t able to achieve this on my own - Thanks to Nirvasa who became my weight gain companion and held my hand on every step. I realized the importance of a well-balanced diet, consistent calorie surplus, and appropriate exercise for healthy weight gain. Throughout this weight gain journey, I have discovered that proper nutrition, supplementation, and lifestyle modifications can help overcome challenges associated with being underweight.