Treatment Case Study for
Weight Gain - Underweight
A 30-year-old married woman named Priya of 48 kg and a BMI of 18.2 had been extremely upset and stressed with her issue of being underweight which she had been from 7 to 9 months. She usually had food cravings junk and unhealthy foods like burgers, pizzas, pasta, etc. In spite of self-medication and home remedies, Priya was not able to gain weight. Through a much-needed doctor consultation from Nirvasa, she got a weight management treatment plan of 3 months in which she got lifestyle advice, necessary energy-boosting supplements and dietary modifications. Now, after the completion of the treatment, she is feeling extremely confident, and energetic and enhanced stamina to do her tasks efficiently.
- Activity Level: Moderately Active
- Smoking Habits: Frequently smokes
- Alcohol Consumption: Rarely drinks alcohol
- Sleep Cycle: 7-8 hours per night
- Stress Level: Moderate
- Eating Habits: Most of the time eats junk food
- Water Intake: Less than 4 glasses a day
- Energy Levels: Low in energy or often fatigue
- Have a high-calorie intake but struggle to gain weight
- Usually skip meals, have a small appetite, and struggle to eat large quantities of food
- Find it hard to build muscle mass despite exercise and strength training
- Have a naturally thin or lean body type that makes it challenging to gain weight
- Consumes 3 cups of tea per day
- Occasionally feel acidity and bloating
- The doctor curated a personalised weight management treatment plan by including necessary weight gain supplements, dietary modifications to help her gain muscle mass and a few lifestyle alterations.
- Priya commenced her weight gain journey by following every instruction given by the doctor. Due to this, Priya managed to gain weight by 5kg in the first month of her treatment. She started eating calorie-rich, protein-rich and nutrient-dense foods to provide immense energy, strength and muscle growth.
- By the end of the third month of the treatment duration, Priya was able to see a different version of herself in the mirror. She reported gradual weight gain, reduced digestive problems, elevated energy levels and controlled cravings for junk foods.
- Priya is now extremely confident and motivated to keep the weight gain routine going as she has gained weight up to 59kg.
I was not sure whether I would be able to gain weight or not. I tried everything I found on the internet, whatever my family suggested and whatever my friends told me to do. But the only help I gained trust in was from Nirvasa. They made me realise that a balanced diet, consistent caloric surplus and proper supplementation can only lead to healthy weight gain.